Our client is an e-commerce portal which specializes in selling baby care and maternity care products. These products are targeted at new parents who live a fast faced professional life.
What We Delivered
growth in organic traffic in 12 months
Migration to website without any effect on traffic
Our client has a broad offering of 20,000 products from 500+ brands spread over 250+ categories.
When we got involved with them, their website was new and not optimised. The structure and URLs were not search engine friendly.
A new website was needed to improve usability, increase user-friendliness & to build trust in visitors.
At the time of this case study being conducted, the company had four strong competitors in the market. Being a primarily offline market transitioning into cyberspace, most visitors were searching online to gather information but purchasing offline.
- Head keywords with significant search volumes were very few with the potential to contribute to only 20% to 30% of the traffic.
- Majority of the market were tail keywords with very low search volumes requiring a solution to optimize a large number of pages quickly.
A completely new strategy for optimization was required at this large a scale. Specifically, one that would quickly optimize many pages.
HOW WE HELPED
Experimenting with different kinds of optimization, we discovered that the ideal strategy was a mix of a small number of high volume keywords and a large number of low volume keywords. A mixed strategy of traditional keyword-focused optimization and innovative traffic focused optimization was developed. Through this customized package of solutions we:
- Optimized the website for 40,000 keywords in a short time.
- Implemented large scale optimization strategies targeted at increasing keyword coverage.
- Devised a strategy to restructure the website so as to improve the crawl-ability by search engines, and keyword coverage.
- Started a blog on the website to engage the customers and help build trust with visitors.
- An optimum long tail keyword targeting strategy was developed using patterns to gain maximum traffic with the least effort.
- Provided insights on the behaviour and search patterns of users, so as to improve sales conversions on the website.